senken-devel

Re: [Senken-devel] graphics

From: Andreas Henningsson
Subject: Re: [Senken-devel] graphics
Date: 13 Feb 2003 17:49:18 -0500

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 05:30, Frédéric Rodrigo wrote:
> I have do some little test (only with gimp), what do you think of this?

looked ok! .. we should make some test rendering in 3d to .. to see if
that looks better.

> Yes, same look is gook.
> Blender, OK, I prefer moonlight, but have not effect on the final art work.

The name of the 3d tool is not a big issue. You can use whatever you
like. I think the best thing would do if we all got access to a ftp
accout somewhere. And build up a texture library .. that we all can use
to the tool we prefere(if we will use 3d applications).

btw. Tim do you have any planes in the futhre to make the game in
complete 3D? in that case we have to use the same 3d tool.

> An other thing is the optimization of drawing, is too slow, all frame are
> re-draw all time.

yes agree! drawing is way to slow, but as soon we use hardware
accelration for drawing it will not be any problems. But that's
something for you Tim =)