silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] Doubt in Encoding Converter

From: suji A
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] Doubt in Encoding Converter
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 10:13:55 +0530

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Santhosh Thottingal <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:54 PM, JAGANADH G <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:11 PM, suji A <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>>     The following are some of the characters in my map file
>> a[=யு
>> a[{=யூ
>> t[=வு
>> t[{=வூ
>> but after convert a file from ascii to unicode using these mappings i got
>> the output like this
>> யூ = யு{
>> வூ = வு{
>>
>> how to solve this problem?

The problem is with your mapping file.
since you have rules for
a[  and a[{ , the program will find out the shortest match. ie, while
reading the ascii encoded text, it will see a[ and immediately the
rule will be applied. The remaining text is {, for {, there is no
rules in the map file and it will be used as such in output.
If you write rules for each consonant+vowel combination, the rule file
will be big. Instead write the rules as follows
a=ய
t=வ
[=ு
[{=ூ
{=ூ

Thanks
Santhosh Thottingal

Ok, thanks. And i am having one more doubt in mapping file.
J=து
J}=தூ
how to do this in mapping file?

--