silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] How to add a feature to sipla

From: Vasudev Kamath
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] How to add a feature to sipla
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 20:23:35 +0530

On 16:46 Sat 02 Feb     , Shrinivasan T wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to add the feature "GuessLanguage" to the new silpa-flask.
>
> I installed GuessLanguage from the pypi.
>
> added guesslanguage = yes
> in [modules]
> and
> guesslanguage = GuessLanguage
> in [modules_display]

Yes that is right

> added guesslanguage.html in the templates section.
> it is just a copy of chardetails.html

I would suggest you to take the html file from old Silpa which is on
savannah nongnu. You see templates are also important for modules
correct working. Copy pasting is not right thing to do [1]

> I get the "Guess Language" in the left side menu and the guesslanguage.html
> is getting loaded.
>
> I changed the display text in the page related to "guessing language".
>
> From now, I dont know how to connect this with the installed module
> guesslanguage.

Well you first need to know what guesslanguage is for and understand how
do you use it in old silpa[2]. It will be the same in new silpa too. But
keep in mind you might need to fix javscripts in template to get it work
properly and I should say I'm no js expert so all you can do is refer
current template and see how you can fix your template if it is not
working.

> Any clues?

Hope this will help you proceed. And please make sure when you port a
module make it available on public repo. I guess I've already ported
guesslanguage in my github account

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/silpa.git
[2] http://silpa.org.in/Guess_Language
--