skel

[Skel] Welcome to the Skeleton GNU/Linux project

From: Matt Lee
Subject: [Skel] Welcome to the Skeleton GNU/Linux project
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 18:54:52 -0500

If you haven't yet, please register on https://git.gnu.io/ so we can
add you to the bug tracker.

We're making a "stro" aka distro aka distribution of GL aka GNU/Linux
for amd64-class IBM Compatibles aka "Cees" or PCs.

Our website will be available soon at skel.af

In order to give people greater amounts of freedom, we'll also have a
cloud offering where people will be able to get hosted on Skeleton
GNU/Linux, and I'd like to build a system allowing people to quickly
and easily build derivatives of Skeleton.

Our slogan is simple: "No bones about it" -- bones in software are
proprietary software. Skeleton must ship a clean product, based on
Debian's GL stro, but our own distinct offering too.

Bruce Perens' UserLinux project from 2005 is a good example of what we
can achieve here.