sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Touch your membership!

From: Yaron M. Minsky
Subject: [Sks-devel] Touch your membership!
Date: 23 Oct 2003 20:52:24 -0400

I just discovered an little buglet in sks whose fallout I'm hoping you
can help me reduce.  Right now, SKS looks up ip addresses from hostnames
only when the membership file is changed.  Unfortunately,
sks.dnsalias.net is on a (slowly-changing) dynamic IP which just
changed.  The result is I can't gossip with anyone.  If you're running a
site, could you just touch your membership file?  That way, it will be
re-read in, and SKS will be reachable again.

I'll do something a little less hacky in the upcoming version.

|--------/            Yaron M. Minsky              \--------|
|--------\ http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/yminsky/ /--------|

Open PGP --- KeyID B1FFD916
Fingerprint: 5BF6 83E1 0CE3 1043 95D8 F8D5 9F12 B3A9 B1FF D916