sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] does merge works correctly on SKS

From: David Shaw
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] does merge works correctly on SKS
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:05:19 -0500

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 06:58:16AM +0100, Roman Pavlik wrote:
> Hi,
> I today noticed, that there are two selsign on my key 0xB9F8D6D9
> on sks keyservers. My PGP key have of course only ony selfsig
> pakets:

Your two signature packets are not identical.  One of them has:
>       subpkt 101 len 6 (experimental / private subpacket)

on it.  SKS properly detects the signature is not identical.

It is perhaps worth asking whether unhashed data like this should be
considered in the signature comparison however.  A case could probably
be made for either side of that.

David