sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS and Apache2 :-)

From: Thomas Sjögren
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS and Apache2 :-)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:53:07 +0200

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 04:30:40PM +0200, Jan Kesten wrote:
> That's right - but I need to serve webpages as well - and using sks
> as a real webserver is something beyond what sks is designed for. So
> here problem is, I can't make sks listen to port 80 for web queries.
> ~ Until now, I let apache serve a form that send the query to sks
> running at port 11371. There is no problem doing that - except that
> if you are a user behind a firewall you can look at all webpages and
> even fill out the form, but you never get any result because sks
> server is unreachable.

If i'm not mistaken, this problem has been fixed in
sks--mainline--1.0/patch-3 [1].

So when the next release comes out all you have to do is use
mod_rewrite:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://127.0.0.1:11371/$1 [L,P]

[1]
http://minsky-primus.homeip.net/archives/2004/sks/sks--mainline/sks--mainline--1.0/patch-3/log

/Thomas
--
== address@hidden | address@hidden
== Encrypted e-mails preferred | GPG KeyID: 114AA85C