sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] odd SKS recon issues (rDNS issues?)

From: Olaf Gellert
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] odd SKS recon issues (rDNS issues?)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:39:43 +0200

Dan Egli wrote:
> I was browsing my logs today, and notied it saying that unauthorised
> hosts were reconing with me. I thought that weird. So I looked them up.
> Wait a minute. These "unauthorised" hosts ARE in my membership file!

Well, that depends. I do not know how SKS compares the
hosts: Eiter it compares the IP-addresses (which would
by equal for the different host-names) or it does a
reverse lookup for the DNS-name of the IP-address.
Then you would notice the difference eg between
pyxis.cns.ualberta.ca and pgp.cns.ualberta.ca...

Just a guess...

Olaf

--
Dipl.Inform. Olaf Gellert                  PRESECURE (R)
Consultant,                              Consulting GmbH

                        A daily view on Internet Attacks
                        https://www.ecsirt.net/sensornet