sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] funny one in /etc/init.d/sks

From: Teun Nijssen
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] funny one in /etc/init.d/sks
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:09:53 +0200

Hi,

> On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, teun Tilburg University wrote:
>
> > hopefully minsky.surfnet.nl never crashes. But suppose it does....
> >
> > Our Debian people beat me around the head if I don't have decent
> > scripts to start and stop sks at reboot. So I told them I really want
> > It all works after   mkdir /var/sks/dir   and
>
> You could have used
> https://svn.clearairturbulence.org/debian-sks/trunk/sks
> in the first place :)
>
> It builds fine on sarge:
> svn co https://svn.clearairturbulence.org/debian-sks/trunk/sks
> cd sks
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us

I already had the package, but I don't see a bullit proof start-stop
script. 'stopsks' as below probably usually will work fine; but it doesn't
even try to wait until the server processes have died.

#!/bin/sh

killall -2 sks_db sks_recon sks_db.bc sks_recon.bc

I did seen the wiki entry
http://documentation.penguin.de/cgi-bin/twiki/view/SKSKeyserver/SKSAdministrationHowto
but its while loop is not guaranteed to terminate:

killall sks
while [ "`pidof sks`" ]; do sleep 1; done # wait until SKS processes have
exited

so that one is not good enough either. The same applies to the quick and dirty
http://documentation.penguin.de/cgi-bin/twiki/view/SKSKeyserver/UnprivUser

cheers,

teun