sks-devel

[Sks-devel] database corruption

From: Robert Urban
Subject: [Sks-devel] database corruption
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:41:16 +0200

after I had gotten "sks" compiled, I started it in the background
using "sks build" and then "sks db &".

I put a single key into the db using "gpg --send-keys".

I tried various combinations of "sks dump" (documentation?):

sks dump /tmp key
sks dump 1 /tmp key
sks dump all /tmp key
sks dump 0 /tmp key

That last one "dump 0 ..." is interesting: sks goes into an infinite
loop writing zero-length files.

Later on I noticed that I was unable to retrieve a key using "gpg".  When
I looked in the log I found the following error:

2004-09-12 23:49:27 <mail transmit keys> error in callback.:
Bdb.DBError("fatal
region error detected; run recovery")

After running the berkeley-db program "db_recover" blindly (documentation?)
in the sks-db directory, and restarting sks, sks seemed happy again.

This can be reproduced anytime simply by running:

        sks dump 0 /tmp key

Can it be true?

cheers,

Robert Urban