sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] corrupt PTree?

From: Jason Harris
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] corrupt PTree?
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:40:55 -0400

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 03:10:02PM -0400, Jonathon Weiss wrote:

> Whenever I try to start the reconciliation server, it dies:

> 2009-09-24 15:06:09 Raising Sys.Break -- PTree may be corrupted:
> Failure("remove_from_node: attempt to delete non-existant element from prefix
> tree")
> 2009-09-24 15:06:09 DB closed

> Even after I rebuilt the PTree from scratch (admittedly with the sks
> server running the whole time (that should be safe, rihgt?)) I
> continue to get the same error.  Any thoughts or recommendations?

This can be made into a nonfatal error, but at the expense of
losing new and updated keys from the pTree, thus breaking gossip
synchronization.  Because the key DBs are separate from the pTree
DB, the pTree DB cannot be kept fully synchronized with the key DBs
via transactions that can't span both DBs.  Thus the ./KDB/time DB
is used as a workaround.  Unless/until the DBs are consolidated into
a single BDB instance, you'll need to either run "sks db" in read-only
mode (not currently supported) or shut it down during the "sks pbuild."

--
Jason Harris           |  NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
address@hidden _|_ web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/