sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Looking for peers for keys.jbj.org

From: Jeff Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Looking for peers for keys.jbj.org
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 12:02:15 -0500

On Feb 19, 2010, at 11:40 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

On 02/19/2010 07:11 AM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

I have a new sks keyserver at keys.jbj.org that appears
to be installed incorrectly, and is locally reconciling data
amongst 3 local servers.

Are you asking for peers for an incorrectly-installed keyserver? given
the discussion recently about errant peers potentially causing
significant resource consumption, this seems like an unlikely proposition.

I'm not sure where you got "incorrect" from. Ah, my bad -- I
meant "... installed correctly.". Exactly the opposite of what I
intended to say.

I installed on 3 machines locally to make sure that server <-> server
synchronization is/was functional. It is.

Everything "works" and so I'm looking for an update.

what went wrong with the installation, and can it be fixed?

Nothing went wrong with the installation, nothing needs fixing.

hth

73 de Jeff
        --dkg