sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Adding DB_INIT_LOCK to sks-keyserver (revisited)

From: Jeff Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Adding DB_INIT_LOCK to sks-keyserver (revisited)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:24:59 -0500

On Feb 25, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> One easy (if you're an OCAML programmer, alas not me yet) thing to try
> would be to try adding DB_RMW to the read cursor flags. That should
> take out a WRITE lock instead and (one hopes) that Berkeley DB will
> then avoid the deadlock.

Another thing to try is to add flags to reduce the isolation so
that modifications of an uncommitted transaction in progress
can be seen between two cursors.

That might be sufficient to avoid the self-deadlock as well.

Caveat: I can't do PTree Berkeley DB transactional isolation diagnosis in my
head.
will try and see. News at 11 ...

73 de Jeff