sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Crypto domains for auction to benefit FSF and FSFE

From: David Shaw
Subject: [Sks-devel] Crypto domains for auction to benefit FSF and FSFE
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:39:39 -0400

Hi everyone,

I have a few crypto-related domain names that I bought a few years ago for one
project or another.  I've been sitting on the domains for a while, but they're
not really doing anyone any good like that.  So, rather than just letting them
expire and be snapped up by link farms, I thought I could do something more
useful for the community - auction them off and donate the money to the FSF and
FSFE.

The 5 domain names are:

  keyservers.net
  keyservers.org
  (I don't own keyservers.com - it's parked by someone with advertising links
on it)

  keysigners.com
  keysigners.net
  keysigners.org

The auction had started and will run through June 7th.  More information and
current high bids are available at
http://www.jabberwocky.com/domain-auction.html

Please feel free to forward this note to anyone who you think might be
interested in the domains, or let me know and I'll ping them.  I'm sending this
to gnupg-users and sks-devel to start with.

Bid early and often - it's for a good cause!

David