sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] problem with Debian squeeze

From: Gabor Kiss
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] problem with Debian squeeze
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 15:22:22 +0100 (CET)

> > Meanwhile Christoph Martin (Debian package maintainer) also replied
> > and it seems that some warning should be displayed during
> > the upgrade.
> > Unfortunately I could see nothing like this.
> > This is the source of confusion.
>
> You need to install apt-listchanges for this to work. This package is
> installed in a default install nowdays, but you might have installed
> your system before it became priority "standard" or you explicitly
> deselected the standard task during installation.

Eeeeer... maybe I misunderstand something but as far as if
somebody installs this as apt plugin he will get a lot of information
displayed for every upgraded package. Then he must press some keys
to go on.
This may be useful on ordinary days when upgrading a few packages only
but seems to be pointless on distribution upgrade. Who will read 1-2
thousands of changelog and NEWS files? :-o

Gabor
--
A mug of beer, please. Shaken, not stirred.