sks-devel

[Sks-devel] "sks recon" without "sks db"

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: [Sks-devel] "sks recon" without "sks db"
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 18:32:38 -0400

hi SKS folks--

I'm working on systemd service files for sks, for people who want to run
sks under that initialization/supervision system.

I was wondering if "sks recon" is able to do any useful work if "sks db"
is not running.  I'm not clear on the specific mechanics of the recon
protocol -- do gossiping servers need to fetch or send keys to/from the
peer's "sks db" service?

In systemd speak, the question is whether sks recon servicefile should
have a "BindsTo=sks-db.service" or not.

Any pointers to documentation that would answer this question would be
welcome also.
Thanks,

        --dkg