sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Building the local database from a key dump on Ubuntu fa

From: Matt Wagner
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Building the local database from a key dump on Ubuntu failing
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 14:30:54 -0500

I have hit that error!

In all honesty, at the time, I couldn't figure it out other than that
it had something to do with my sksconf file, so I just deleted the
file and set the relevant options on the command line. (Dumb, I know.)
I had poked around in strace but it wasn't clear to me what was happening.

Now that you mentioned you were hitting the same error, I went back
and tried to debug _where_ in the file it was going wrong. I found
that if I delete the "pagesize" line and everything after it, it works.

And then I read the comment right above it:

# NOTE: These must be set _BEFORE_ [fast]build & pbuild and remain set
# for the life of the database files. To change a value requires
recreating
# the database from a dump

I wonder if what is going on is that one or more of the builds used
incompatible options, or happened before the file was in place? (The
error certainly is not intuitive if that's the case.)

Of course, I have no idea if your error has the same root cause as
mine or not.

Though from experience, it seems like things will work okay if you
don't specify any DB options. Not sure how safe/reasonable the
defaults are, though.

- -- Matt