sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] normalbuild segfaults

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] normalbuild segfaults
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 21:44:45 -0400

Hi Malte--

I'm one of the debian sks maintainers.  Hopefully we can figure out
what's going on...

On Fri 2015-05-01 06:16:27 -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> normalbuild just segfaulted on me on a 64bit machine running Debian 7
> with enough everything (RAM and CPU). How do I best investigate?

when you say "normalbuild" i think you're talking about sks_build.sh,
right?

That means invoking the following (as the designated system sks user):

  /usr/sbin/sks build /var/lib/sks/dump/*.pgp -n 10 -cache 100
  /usr/sbin/sks cleandb
  /usr/sbin/sks pbuild -cache 20 -ptree_cache 70

Do you know which of these steps it segfaults in?  have you tried
invoking sks_build.sh with the -x flag to see what the shell is doing?
it'd be (as the debian-sks user):

  bash -x /usr/lib/sks/sks_build.sh

Where did you get your /var/lib/sks/dump/*.pgp files from?  Do you still
have them?

Is the segfault repeatable for you using the same dump files on this
machine?

   --dkg