sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] hkps certificates

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] hkps certificates
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:35:40 +0200

On 06/13/2016 10:05 AM, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> Dear folks,
>
> Let's start thinking about how to issue HKPS certificates in the future.
> I'm afraid Kristian is too busy to do this.

I'm not too concerned about it, but keep in mind the primary goal for
that is sufficient participants in the pool, and having expiries and
rotations on different points in time is beneficial to this.

> First: I don't know exactly if sks-keyservers.net CA certificate
> is hardwired into HKPS clients or not? Is it possible to

It is in gnupg since 2.1.11

> change it? Is is possible add more root certificates?
> If yes, we could set up an alternate chain of signatures
> and we can keep the level of HKPS service for users who need it.
>
> Another possible solution: Kristian delegates his authority.

Nah, my reputation is at risk, I don't trust others to do it in name of
myself/service.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand