sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Blank initial DB

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Blank initial DB
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 01:09:14 -0500

On 2017-01-22 at 00:30 -0500, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
>     As I've been working to rebuild my cluster I've been looking to try
> and implement a CI/CD setup to test before rolling out changes... Rather
> than having to import a full keydump for testing and validation anyone
> got an idea of how to create  blank or smaller subset keydump to import
> to run tests against? I ask as the sks db and recon processes won't
> start without a DB imported so have to have something to be able to
> start the process to confirm everything is starting up and operating as
> expected.

Export the keys you want as keys, from your favourite PGP client.

The key-dumps are just keys in normal keyring format.

You can invoke `gpg --list-packets < foo-0000.pgp | less` against them,
to see what's in them.

So `gpg --export $keys_of_interest > minimal.pgp` should work.  Or just
use `gpg --export > minimal.pgp` to use your entire local keyring.

Note that if such a minimal SKS tries to peer with a fully-loaded SKS,
it will cause high CPU load and memory consumption on your peer, so
please, don't get blacklisted.  :)

-Phil