sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] One Way replication (for test environments)

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] One Way replication (for test environments)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 13:59:40 +0100

> On 17 Jun 2018, at 11:41, Hendrik Visage <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I’m considering setting up some test environments for the “researchers” to
> test the SKS keyservers, but I was wondering about one way replication, ie.
> one server that will only sent out to the test server(s), but not receive
> from them.
>
> What’s the easiest to set that up?

You can’t do it using recon, because any additions to the test server will
cause the key delta to diverge and recon will eventually fail. The easiest way
might be a docker image that pulls the latest dump from one of the public dump
sources and spins up a fresh SKS instance from it. Then if you want to update
the key database, you just redeploy the docker image.