sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Deployment question about non-public server with oneway

From: Steffen Kaiser
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Deployment question about non-public server with oneway feed
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 16:34:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 27 Jun 2018, Hendrik Grewe wrote:

This Setup reminds me of a recently asked question on this ML:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2018-06/msg00032.html

hope this helps

yes, http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2018-06/msg00041.html states that: "Unless recon is enabled in both directions, the key delta will inevitably grow to the point that recon will fail."

That means, recon / gossip is not possible and updates via email is the only option left.

I don't know if I like the idea to start from scratch regularily, also mentioned in the thread. So I would pull the complete database once a week, add the local changes and swap the servers.

Thanks,