sks-devel

[Sks-devel] ProxMox/Debian 10.1 gnupg2 notice:

From: Hendrik Visage
Subject: [Sks-devel] ProxMox/Debian 10.1 gnupg2 notice:
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 11:03:38 +0200

Thought it would be interesting to know this state:

apt-listchanges: News
---------------------

gnupg2 (2.2.12-1+deb10u1) buster; urgency=medium

  In this version we adopt GnuPG's upstream approach of making keyserver
  access default to self-sigs-only.  This defends against receiving
  flooded OpenPGP certificates.  To revert to the previous behavior (not
  recommended!), add the following directive to ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf:

    keyserver-options no-self-sigs-only

  We also adopt keys.openpgp.org as the default keyserver, since it avoids
  the associated bandwidth waste of fetching third-party certifications
  that will not be used.  To revert to the older SKS keyserver network (not
  recommended!), add the following directive to ~/.gnupg/dirmngr.conf:

    keyserver hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net

  Note: we do *not* adopt upstream's choice of import-clean for the
  keyserver default, since it can lead to data loss, see
  https://dev.gnupg.org/T4628 for more details.

 -- Daniel Kahn Gillmor <address@hidden>  Wed, 21 Aug 2019 14:53:47 -0400