slib-discuss

[Slib-discuss] SLIB-3b3 on mit-scheme 9.0.1

From: Alexander Bakst
Subject: [Slib-discuss] SLIB-3b3 on mit-scheme 9.0.1
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:33:30 -0400

Hello,

I've been having some difficulty getting SLIB to work properly with
mit-scheme 9.0.1. Per the installation instructions, I added the
contents of mitscheme.init to my startup file. However, loading this
file fails. This is because of the expressions on lines 380-383. There
are a few issues I identified, but others that I can not. It appears
that the package '(runtime syntactic-closures) is not the correct
package (anymore?). I wrote a procedure to try and find the correct
packages for strip-keyword-value-item, expander-item/expander, and
expander-item/environment:

;(find-name-in-pkg 'expander-item/expander system-global-package)
;Value 5: #[package 5 (runtime syntax)]

;(find-name-in-pkg 'strip-keyword-value-item system-global-package)
;Value 2: #[package 2 (runtime syntax classify)]

;(find-name-in-pkg 'expander-item/environment system-global-package)
;#f

Here I'm stuck, since I'm not sure what else to look for. I don't know
what expander-item/environment is supposed to do. Has anyone
successfully set up SLIB with mit-scheme 9.0.1? I am running on Mac OS
X.

Thanks,
Alexander