slib-discuss

Re: [Slib-discuss] slib: substring? / substring-ci?, char-code-limit, an

From: Aubrey Jaffer
Subject: Re: [Slib-discuss] slib: substring? / substring-ci?, char-code-limit, and unicode
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 00:08:58 -0500 (EST)

 | From: Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
 | Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:14:23 +0100
 |
 | I was fixing Slib to work with Guile 2 and ran across an erroneous
 | definition of char-code-limit that we had in Guile, of 256.  In
 | fact the largest character is #x10ffff.  This makes strategies like
 | that of substring? of creating a skip vector of all codepoints not
 | so desirable.  So, just wanted to report this bug.  In the meantime
 | I'll leave char-code-limit in guile.init at 256.

Thanks for your bug report.  The skip-vector would actually not be
used with a large char-code-limit because of the test:

  (<= strlen (+ patlen patlen (quotient char-code-limit 2)))

I have replaced the skip-vector with an alist (to work with wide
characters) and adjusted the test so it will be used.  The development
version is updated:
http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/ftpdir/users/jaffer/slib.zip

Also, the CVS repository is updated:
https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=slib

My Guile installation is 1,8.7, so I can't easily test with Guile-2.
Please let me know if it works with wide characters.