slib-discuss

[Slib-discuss] Array procedures in guile-2.init

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: [Slib-discuss] Array procedures in guile-2.init
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 11:44:49 +1100

Greetings List,

Re slib 3b3-1 with guile 2.0.7, the file guile-2.init causes multiple failures when using the slib module, in relation to array procedures. The guile-2.init file contains a lot of code that redefines existing array procedures, and some of these procedures refer to list->uniform-array, which as far as I can determine was deprecated in 2008 and no longer present in guile.

After a lot of tinkering - I am new to Scheme - I have arrived at a solution that involves removing all of the array code from guile-2.init.

The question is, why is this code for arrays there in the first place, and why at this point does it use non-existent procedures such as list->uniform array? I am having difficulty understanding this, and hence I am not certain that my removal of all array code in the init file the correct solution.

Can anybody help?

Thanks!
Andrew