slipstream-devel

Re: [Slipstream-devel] Rider upper body roll and translation

From: Simon Fendall
Subject: Re: [Slipstream-devel] Rider upper body roll and translation
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:35:46 +1300

Hi Dimitris,

WRT traction control etc;
while I'm sure a preemptive traction control system taking advantage of
both acceleration and suspension loadings would be beneficial, we've
been riding bikes for years without, so I don't think we should be
looking at this as a solution.

Thanks for the in-depth discussion of the rider model. From what I
understood the rotational stiffness of the upper body is a pure moment
connection between the steering head and the body; ignoring any
stiffness provided by the torso and lateral force on the bars. If I've
got that right, it seems fairly likely that there would be instability.
The rider model is quite the complex challenge compared to the rest of
the model.

Si