No output!

From: Ricky Buchanan
Subject: No output!
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:45 2006

Hynek Hanke wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 02:21:22AM +1100, Ricky Buchanan wrote:
> > Logfile looks OK:
> >  [...]
> > Festival is running.
> > Festival works when tested directly.
> > Anything ELSE to test???
> Please try to test if you are  allowed to connect to festival
> server. Try
>       telnet localhost 1314

Works perfectly:

address@hidden ~/logs> telnet localhost 1314
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^X^]'.
(SayText "testing 1 2 3 ")
LP
#<Utterance 0x40791138>
ft_StUfF_keyOK
(quit)
ER
Connection closed by foreign host.
address@hidden ~/logs>

And yes, the utterance is heard too :)

> If telnet seems to work, you can get additional information from
> the festival output module by enabling debug logging. You can do
> so in etc/speechd/modules/festival.conf (or some similar path to
> festival.conf). Please repeat the problem and send us this (complete)
> log so that we can look at what went wrong.

Done.  log is attached.

Weird thing is that the soundfile is correctly CREATED and saved and can
be easily played with
$ esdplay debug-festival-0.snd

And yes, festival is set up to be worked properly with Festival!