problem with generic module?

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: problem with generic module?
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:47 2006

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 09:57:20AM -0400, Jacob Schmude wrote:
>       I just upgraded to speech dispatcher 0.4. Previously, I had no
> problems using the generic module to output to software dectalk. After the
> upgrade, and resetting the parameters in the config file to their
> appropriate values, I get no speech.

Arrrgh... The module is broken, my fault. Because I don't use dectalk,
I thought I would send it to you before the release so that you add
the volume option to dtk-generic.conf and, in the process, you will
test if everything works correctly after the updates I've made to the
module.  But in the meantime, we decided not to include the volume
support, so you didn't test the module. It didn't occur to me that you
actually had no reason to run it, so I assumed everything is ok and
didn't test it either.

Can you please try the current CVS version if everything works correctly?
It includes the latest dtk-generic.conf file you have sent me.

Now, I'm not sure what to do. Should we make a 0.4.1 bugfix release?
0.4 should work for most users, but for those that use DecTalk, it's
broken :(

With Regards,
Hynek Hanke