error encountered while trying to build speechd-up

From: Sean McMahon
Subject: error encountered while trying to build speechd-up
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:48 2006

Using debian sarge with speakup cvs and a 2.4.27 custom kernel. I have
speech-dispatcher already installed and have not yet created the
softsynth device. speakup_sftsyn is a module in my kernel. see the
attached file speechd-up_error.log
This build of speechd-up came from cvs so I used the build.sh script to
create the configure script.  The error comes from the configure script.
Thanks
Sean