speech-dispatcher stopped working

From: Michael Whapples
Subject: speech-dispatcher stopped working
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:48 2006

Hello,
I am using speech-dispatcher on a slackware installation. It compiled with
no problems, and I was using it with speechd-up and speakup with no
problems. That was until I plugged in an external sound card into my
computer. It worked until I unplugged that USB sound card and rebooted. I am
unable to start speech-dispatcher now. I am using speech-dispatcher 0.5. Can
you help me get speech-dispatcher running again?
From

Michael Whapples
"An optimist is someone who has never had much experience"