problem installing

From: verron
Subject: problem installing
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:48 2006

Hi,

I please need help. I am running a debian and I installed all the package
mentionned in the INSTALL file. However it does not compile, as you can
see here :

address@hidden:~/speechd-up$ ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for working aclocal-1.4... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake-1.4... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for spd_open in -lspeechd... no
*** Required speechd library missing! See INSTALL .

The best,

Charles Verron