eSpeak: API for shared library version

From: Gary Cramblitt
Subject: eSpeak: API for shared library version
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:50 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 05:33, Jonathan Duddington wrote:
> Here is a draft API for a shared library version of the eSpeak TTS
> synthesizer, which is intended for use by Speech Dispatcher.
>
>    http://espeak.sourceforge.net/speak_lib.h
>
> Implementation of this is mostly done, subject to suggested amendments
> and testing.
>
> The following SSML tags are currently implemented:
>    <speak>   xml:lang   xml:base
>    <voice>   xml:lang, name, gender, age, variant
>    <prosody> rate, volume, pitch, range  (relative)
>    <say-as>  glyphs
>    <mark>
>    <s>       xml:lang
>    <sub>
>    <audio>
>    <tts:style>  punctuation, capital_letters

Just a quick note that I'm thrilled you've implemented this.  Looks like
ESpeak will be one of the first drivers we implement under the new TTS API
architecture.  :)  I've said for a long time that if we don't tell the synth
authors what we need, we won't get it.  Looks like this is beginning to pay
off.

I haven't had a chance to study your spec in detail, but I promise I will.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)