Speech Dispatcher and its pid file

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Speech Dispatcher and its pid file
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:51 2006

When I try to run Speech Dispatcher under a different user than the one
set in my OS distribution, it refuses to start because it is not
permitted to access the OS wide pid file.  Using the only pid file also
prevents me to start multiple Speech Dispatcher instances.

Is there a reason why the pid file is unconditionally defined in compile
time and its location can't be changed on Speech Dispatcher startup,
e.g. using a command line option?

Regards,

Milan Zamazal