Running Speech Dispatcher with ALSA?

From: Gary Cramblitt
Subject: Running Speech Dispatcher with ALSA?
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:52 2006

On Sunday 09 July 2006 09:13, Milan Zamazal wrote:
> When I replace the line
>
>   FestivalALSADevice "default"
>
> with
>
>   FestivalALSADevice "hw:1,0"

I have the FestivalALSADevice "default" line commented out in my config file
(and it works fine).  Some other device names you could try:

default:0
default:0,0
plughw:0,0

assuming that the first audio card is your default.  Otherwise,

default:1
default:1,0
plughw:1,0

aplay -l

command will list your cards and devices, and

aplay -L

will list all the pcm device names, which is what Speech Dispatcher needs.

You could also try running as root to see if there is a permissions problem.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)