echo while typing

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: echo while typing
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:53 2006

    PL> Certain speechd-el users would appreciate a more flexible echo
    PL> when typing. For instance they would like that the voice
    PL> synthesis speaks a word immediately after they press the space,
    PL> or the sentence immediately after they press the dot or whatever
    PL> ...I think, -- but if I am wrong simply tell me, -- that such a
    PL> feature does not already exist in speechd-el.

You're right.

    PL> Do you plan to implement it ?

It's not on my current to-do list.

    PL> Otherwise I could do that implementing a new minor mode which
    PL> could be activated by the user and in which the space key, the
    PL> dot key etc will be mapped on suitable functions.

This looks like a good idea to me, thanks!  I think it should be easy to
implement using the speechd-speak-read-* functions.

    PL> These lisp functions will use the speechd library.

Please use the speechd-speak.el functions if possible as they are
backend independent and do all what is needed.

BTW, in case you happen to be a Darcs user, speechd-el Darcs repository
is available at http://www.freebsoft.org/~pdm/Darcs/speechd-el .

Regards,

Milan Zamazal