orca speechd backend

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: orca speechd backend
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 09:35:23 +0200

Halim Sahin napsal(a):
> The orca driver does produce speech output but there is a big problem
> with the keyboard?
> After selecting the speechdispatcher backend, I can not close the
> settings window any more.
> The used orca version is the latest svn trunk.

Hello Halim, according to a recent discussion on the Orca list, I see
you were probably not using the Speech Dispatcher Orca backend, but the
Speech Dispatcher Gnome Speech driver.  Since this makes a big
difference, I would first like to make sure what you are using now.

Then I don't fully understand your problem.  What is the problem with
the keyboard?  How exactly does it behave?  Does Orca start speaking
through Speech Dispatcher after selecting it in the "Speech system"
option?  Does the preferences dialog work normaly (except that you are
unable to close it)?

Best regards, Tomas