[orca-list] audio and pulseaudio: was: Re: Punctuation, capital letters

From: Willie Walker
Subject: [orca-list] audio and pulseaudio: was: Re: Punctuation, capital letters, exchange of characters and strings, generally error in the design of Orca
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:46:55 -0400

Hermann:

Yikes!  This is not good news, but it is good that you are reporting
it.  I think you should also report this to the Ubuntu accessibility
list as well, since this may be more specific to the audio solution on
Ubuntu.

> So folks, what the hell have you done? If you want to bann SD, be that
> honnest and admit it.

I think we all are trying to give SpeechDispatcher a fair chance here
and we're trying to understand if the API is sufficient to meet user
requirements and if the implementation is stable and complete.  There
are so many variables involved, however, that it makes it difficult to
track down where the problems really lie.

Will