Making speech-dispatcher python API support asynchronous socket communic

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Making speech-dispatcher python API support asynchronous socket communication
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:42:44 +0200

Hynek Hanke wrote:
> It seems to me a clearer solution to just
> let the speechd SSIP bindings do their work in their own thread than
> to extract part of the internals into your program (the socket selects).

Yes, this would definitely be desirable, if possible.

> This should be considered carefully as not to create problems later
> when for instance we want to switch from a text socket protocol
> to something else.

Well, the `SSIPClient' will probably always implement the API over
sockets.  Other classes, however, may implement the same API over
different communication channels.  It might be interesting to think, for
example, how DBUS might help with respect to given problems.

Just thoughts...

Regards, Tomas