Typo in spd-conf?

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Typo in spd-conf?
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:20:06 +0200

Hermann wrote:
> there must be a typo in the spd-conf script:

Yes, thanks for reporting it. I've fixed it in CVS.
> When testing whether the Alsa module is working, spd-conf tries to play:
> /usr/share/sounds/speech-dispatchertest.wav
> The path is however:
> /usr/share/sounds/speech-dispatcher/test.wav

It can be fixed in a simple way by editing the python script
speechd_config.py, it however only performs this test
which you can easily do manually:

aplay  /usr/share/sounds/speech-dispatcher/test.wav

It doesn't directly test the alsa output inside Dispatcher.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke