how can I use espeak voice variants n sd?

From: Hermann
Subject: how can I use espeak voice variants n sd?
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 15:12:21 +0200

On 05.09.2008 at 14:18:47 Halim Sahin <halim.sahin at t-online.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it possible to use espeak voice variants in sd?
> I was not able to add these under
> /etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-generic.conf

I was able to replace the usual voice in German by a variant.
Write in the last column of the specified line "de+xx" instead of "de",
where "xx" stands for the variant you want to use. (Can have more than 2
letters, depending on what you've installed).
What i haven't figured out is to use several variants and then to select
one; I doubt that tis is possible.

> Maybe it is possible with the native module???

Maybe, but I don't know what to write in the .conf file. Same syntax as
in the generic module? But if so, the selection problem persists.
Note: Don't expect too much from the variants; the standard voice sounds
the best, I think.
Hermann