SD crashes continue in libasound2 0.18 too

From: Nath
Subject: SD crashes continue in libasound2 0.18 too
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 21:13:53 +0100

On mar, d?c 02, 2008 at 11:24:27 +0000, Hermann wrote :
> On 01.12.2008 at 18:49:39 Nath <nath.ml at free.fr> wrote:
> [...]
> >> >
> >> I think so, since using Espea-generic doesn't end up in crashes, but
> >> that's obvious, since it outputs via aplay.
> >> Unfortunately I'm not able to test other speech engines, cause they
> >> don't have German as selectable language, so I'm tied to Espeak.
> >> I use a SBPCI 128 sound card, the same manufacturer as SBlive.
> [...]
> > Here I'm on Ubuntu hardy so with libasound2 1.0.17 and I have also
> > frequently crashes, in fact crashes happened every 1 or 2 minutes. I use
> > espeak module. I tried with espeak-generic module but with this module
> > the speech driver included in brltty doesn't read every lines when I use
> > the up and down arrows to read text.
> >
> Does it do this with Espeak? Did you activate autospeak in Brltty?
> Maybe check your espeak-generic.conf.

No, It doesn't. It does it only with espeak-generic so I activated espeak again
and
restart sd after each crash. Yes auto-speak is activated in my brltty
preferences. Nothing that I can modify in the espeak-generic.conf file.
In fact my current linux distro is not hardy but intrepid.
> > I don't know exactly where is the problem : in speech-dispatcher, in
> > espeak module, in espeak, in brltty-s speech driver ?
> >
> Does it happen on the GUI too?
> I guess it has nothing to do with the SD-driver by Brltty, because I
> observe the same when using Suse-Blinux with SD. So I guess it is a
> conflict between libasound and SD.

Yes it does it with orca too ! I made a test by reading some mails in
thunderbird and not all the lines were spoken. I think the best module
between espeak and espeak-generic is espeak but it will be very cool if
we can find what causes the crashes.

--
Nath