speech dispatcher pause over festival

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: speech dispatcher pause over festival
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:51:06 +0200

Xiaohui Shen napsal(a):
> I notices that speech dispatcher has a pause and resume API that works for
> Festival ( http://lists.freebsoft.org/pipermail/speechd/2008q2/001290.html ),
> but I didn't find that Festival provide pause/resume capabilities (at least
> from their online documentation). I wonder if you have implemented this
> capability at Speech dispatcher, or Festival does have this functionality,
> but I haven't found it. Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

this is a functionality of Speech Dispatcher based on the
framework provided by festival-freebsoft-utils, a freely available
Festival extension (see www.freebsoft.org). It's however not true
pause/resume, but the pause only happens at ends of sentences
(festival-freebsoft-utils provides this information). On resume,
we can then resynthesize this piece.

It's a rather complex thing, because we needed to be able to
synthesize other messages while one is paused, which is not
easy in Festival itself due to it's design.

If you do not need to do anything else one the same connection
while your message is paused, and ends of sentences is enough
for you, it should not be difficult to implement using or inside
festival-freebsoft-utils. Maybe Milan Zamazal can tell you more.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke