fedora 11

From: jonathan
Subject: fedora 11
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:31:25 -0400

Hello list,

I have just installed speech-dispatcher on fedora 11 along with the
python speech-dispatcher file. I am using the orca screen reader and
under the prefrences box I can choose speech-dispatcher to be used with
orca once I apply the changes orca no longer speaks but the rest of the
system sounds work. if I change from using speech-dispatcher back to
what was being used by default then orca will work once again. before I
got speech-dispatcher to show up on the orca prefrences I typed this
into the command line
speech-dispatcher -d
then it showed up. Also before it showed up in the menu I ran spdconf in
the command line. Should I run spdconf now that it is showing in the
menu? Thanks for any help to get this working.