pulseaudio and speech: performance issues

From: A
Subject: pulseaudio and speech: performance issues
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:26:19 +0200

In fact I have always wondered why are blind people directed to
graphical user interfaces... I see the benefit for blind people to
have speech dispatcher working and use some of the available text
interfaces that can leverage it. Probably I have ignored a use case
like yours, Bill.

But anyways I see a little value in replacing MS windows with another
windows system + it is a very hard goal. The blind one needs a rock
solid synthesizer + a featurerich text interface that doesn't open new
windows and shows arbitrary messages in various parts of the screen.
All I see these general purpose screen readers do is get around the
graphical user interface rather than working with it. As well the
blind one has to do stupid things to get around the design of the
graphical application.
</uselessrant></offtopic>