alsa output

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: alsa output
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:03:38 +0100

Hi,
On Do, Jan 28, 2010 at 05:51:10 -0600, Kenny Hitt wrote:
> Hi.  You are correct.  The sblive doesn't have any problems with
> speech-dispatcher.
> The problem only seems to happen with the cheap onboard cards.

Yes it seems but I saw the segfaults on my old pc which has a sblive as
well.
I am now using the hda codec (onboard) in my new pc and i had no crashes
since two months with libao.

The sblive with the old alsa output driver had one or two crashs a week.
With the hda card i need several restarts of sd a day when using the old
alsa stuff.

> According to aptitude, you don't need to install any pulseaudio libs to use
> libao.

ACK.

Regards
Halim