Bug in spd-say (version 0.7)

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Bug in spd-say (version 0.7)
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:40:42 +0200

On 20.5.2010 07:05, Bohdan R. Rau wrote:
> I'm trying to write new speech module - probably not very interested for
> all, it's Polish only module based on Mbrola and Milena (my new TTS
> system).
>
> spd-say speaks nothing when the string begins with "-".
>
> Try: spd-say -o espeak -l en -m all -- "-test"

Because "-test" gets passed to the program arguments
as -test, which is not distinguishable from setting the
voice "est" via the -t option. I don't think the '--' option
should be there.

In this case or in case you don't know the text in advance,
you should pipe it directly to stdin:

     echo "-test" | spd-say -o espeak -l en -m all -e

Then the only thing you need to care about is shell escaping.

Best regards,
Hynek Hanke