Cannot connect to speech-dispatcher, permission denied.

From: Cleverson Casarin Uliana
Subject: Cannot connect to speech-dispatcher, permission denied.
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 23:23:07 -0300

Dear,

Each time I start emacs plus speechd-el, I receive the error message below:

ssip-connection-error: (file-error make client process failed permission
denied:name speechd :family local :remote
/home/clevli\m/.speech-dispatcher/speechd.sock)

I can't say exactly which operation I did before starting to get this
error. I was experimenting with a brazilian MBrola-based synthesiser
that uses the sd_generic module, then when I changed speechd.conf to
switch back to IBMTTS, the error started to occur. Orca inside Gnome
also doesn't speak any longer.

The logs don't apparently indicate any error, as if no application had
called speech-dispatcher.

I was Using 0.7 on ArchLinux when the error came. Now I just upgraded to
0.7.1, deleted all my .speech-dispatcher folder and restored its
structure from /etc/speech-dispatcher, hoping the error would go away,
but no luck. Do you have any suggestion for me?

Thank you.
Cleverson

--
Cleverson