Note to Arch Linux Users

From: Steve Holmes
Subject: Note to Arch Linux Users
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:21:52 -0700

For those using Arch Linux distirbution, I just posted in the Arch
User Repository (AUR) a package called speech-dispatcher-git.  This
package improves on the speech-dispatcher package that's already up
there by including logrotation for speechd logs and configuration for
running as a system wide service.  In fact, this version runs as a
system wide service by default now but can be easily changed back to
session mode by making minor changes to the speechd.conf file.

So give this one a try and give it some votes on the AUR page and once
this is proven stable, I will integrate these changes into the regular
stable speech-dispatcher package for Arch.

You can get the PKGBUILD script and supporting files from the link
below.