Sound icons for more Synthesisers

From: Christopher Brannon
Subject: Sound icons for more Synthesisers
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 11:46:53 +0000

Cleverson <clever92000 at yahoo.com.br> writes:

> I'd like to work more with Emacs plus speechd-el, but having to hear
> all the time messages like "beginning of buffer, end of line,
> beginning of line"..., is anoying. If possible, please implement sound
> icons support to the sd_generic speech-dispatcher module, or for
> espeak, so I can assign sounds to those messages.

I'm assuming that you're still using ArchLinux?
You probably don't have the sound icons installed.  They haven't been
packaged for ArchLinux yet.  I'll upload a PKGBUILD for
speechd-sound-icons later today, and I'll ask Steve about adding it
to the optdepends for his Speech Dispatcher package.

In any case, the sd_espeak module supports them.

-- Chris